22 Van Buren
Deadwood, SD 57732
The Historic Adams House was built in 1892 by Deadwood pioneers Harris and Anna Franklin. Local contemporary press described the home as “the grandest house west of the Mississippi”. The elegant Queen Anne-style house heralded a wealthy and socially prominent new age for Deadwood, a former rough and tumble gold mining town. Located a few blocks away is the Adams Museum, the oldest history museum in the Black Hills and ranks #3 among True West magazine’s 2009 Top 10 Western Museums. Artifacts and displays from Deadwood’s historic past reflect the powerful legends of infamous characters like Wild Bill and Calamity Jane. See Potato Creek Johnny famous gold nugget, along with many other original artifacts from Deadwood’s colorful history.
Booking Instructions: Please select the appropriate number of individuals for each activity option. One time admission for use anytime during your stay.
Hours of operation
May 1 – September 30
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., daily.
Last tour 4:00 p.m.
October and April Closed Sundays and Mondays
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last tour 3:00 p.m.
Closed November thru March.
Open for Specialty Tours or Group Tours.
Guided tours run every hour on the hour, tour length approximately 45 minutes.